When change comes to our life, we tend to stick to what's existing and stay in our comfort zone. But here are three changes that can be good for you and tips on how to embrace them...and also thrive along the way.
If you are unhappy with what you currently do, perhaps it is time to consider changing your career for your professional growth. It can help you broaden your horizons and develop new skills that will help you carve out a living.
- Look into yourself. Make an inventory of your skills and other assets as well as your interests.
- Do your research. Find out what it takes to succeed in your chosen new career.
- Beef up your skills set. Look for learning opportunities, training, and mentoring.
- Create a career road map. What direction do you want your career to take?
- Build networks. Your contacts can give you tips and leads for future career shifts.
Social media gives you a great way to reconnect with old friends and stay connected with loved ones who live far away. It also helps you share memorable moments in your life with those you love.
- Check which site suits you best: Facebook, Twitter, Blogspot, Google+, and so on.
- Be careful in adding contacts to your network. Make sure you know them personally or they are at least friends of your friends.
- Read through your friends' posts and react. Keep your comments positive, and if you have nothing good to say, better not say it at all.
- Think before you click.
It certainly won't hurt to try a new look or to add some oomph to your existing style. Giving yourself a makeover, whether mini or extreme, can help you boost your confidence.
- Take a good look at your own looks: your type of body, skin, hair, et cetera. You need to take these into consideration when planning your makeover.
- Get some help from a stylish friend who can give you her expert and sincere opinion.
- Look for pegs and style inspirations. Study their style, and search for which feels comfortable and truly suits you.
- Be true to yourself. Make sure that when your friends and family see you after your makeover, they will still recognize you.
- Make sure your makeover is affordable. If you have to splurge on something, make sure it's worth the investment. Keep in mind, too, that little tweaks in your look can come for free.